Tahini Sauce Fettuccine with Broccoli
- 1 16-oz pack fettuccine
- 1lbs broccoli
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1tsp salt
- black pepper
- Cut the top of the garlic to expose the cloves, then drizzle with olive oil. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 400F for 30 minutes.
- Roast the broccoli in the oven until soft and slightly browned.
- Cook pasta according the instructions.
- Blend the lemon juice, milk, tahini, the roasted garlic, salt and pepper in a blender.
- Toss pasta with the blended sauce, serve with the broccoli on the side.
- Need to figure out what to put in the broccoli. The original recipe that inspired my version put lemon juice on it, which made it too sour. Need to come up with something else, maybe just thyme or oregano.