- Servings: 2 (large) servings
- Calories: 685 calories per serving
- Protein: 24g protein per serving
- Fiber: 9g fiber per serving
- 2 cups semolina flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3/2 cup water
- Place flour and salt on a clean surface.
- Mix warm water and flaxseed, wait a few minutes until the flaxseed gels up.
- Make a small well in the pile of flour, pour the liquid in.
- Mix and knead until it forms a firm dough.
- Put the dough through a pasta roller several times, folding each time, until the dough is stretchy and comes out as a complete piece from the roller.
- Use the pasta roller to thin the dough.
- For spaghetti, go down to thickness 4 on the KitchenAid pasta roller attachment.
- Coat the rolled dough in flour to prevent sticking.
- Put the dough through the pasta cutter. As the pasta comes out, throw more flour on it to prevent sticking.
- Put the pasta in boiling water, and cook until done.
- For spaghetti, 3 minutes is sufficient.
- Strain and wash the pasta with cold water to stop the cooking from the residual heat.
Replace water with blended down vegetables (spinach, carrot, beets) to give the pasta color.