Hot Garlic Pickles
- Cucumbers, sliced thick
- Whole garlic cloves, peeled
- Hot peppers, e.g. Habanero & Jalapeño
- Poke holes in the hot peppers. For extra heat, slice or chop them.
- Insert cucumbers, garlic, and peppers evenly into a jar.
- Top the jar with dill, pushing down the cucumbers.
- In a pot, mix:
- 12 cups of water
- 4 cups of white vinegar
- 3/4 cup of kosher salt
- Boil the contents of the pot.
- Pour into the jar. Shake and tap the jar to get air bubbles out, and top with more boiling liquid.
- Close the jars, and set aside to cool.
The pickles will be ready in around 2 weeks. They can be stored at room temperature until they are opened, at which point they should be stored refrigerated.