- Servings: 12 small rolls, or 1 big loaf
- Calories: 192 kcal per roll
- Protein: 7.0g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- 500g of flour
- 450g of all purpose flour & 50g of gluten
- 250g all purpose flour, 200g whole wheat flour, 50g gluten
- 3 tsp sugar
- 7g yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 250g warm water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Using the flat beater in the stand mixer, mix all dry ingredients together.
- Slowly drizzle in the liquids.
- Switch to the dough hook, and knead for 5 minutes on level 2. Add up to another 50g of water to get a slightly sticky, soft dough.
- Bulk rise for an hour.
- Knead in the mixer for 3 more minutes.
- Split into small rolls, or form into one big loaf. Flour the pan and the top of the rolls/loaf.
- Let rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 450F for 20 to 30 minutes. Make sure to pour water to a container inside the oven to inject steam.
It might be good to increase the amount of water. 50g more water would bring this up to a 60% hydration which might have better results.
- Completely all purpose flour: Really good, if not a little bland.
- Basic Bread: A little too dense. Perhaps extra yeast/more proving time.