- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 large onions, cut into halves and sliced
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Add 1 Tbsp of oil and the onions into a pot, cook until it starts to brown.
- Add 1 more Tbsp of oil, and broccoli, green beans, and carrots. Cook until softened.
- Add chickpeas, garam masala, garlic, and ginger.
- Separately in an instant pot, add 1 Tbsp of oil, rice, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, garam masala, ginger, garlic. Cook for about a minute in sauté.
- Add broth to rice, cook for 7 minutes. Vent, add tumeric, and mix.
- Toss the rice and vegatables, and serve.