- Large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cups of water
- 30g of salt
- Mix the water and salt.
- Poke the potato 6 times with a fork, making sure to spread the pokes all around.
- Dip and cover the potatoes in the brine.
- Bake on a wire rack, on top of a baking sheet. 450F for around 50 minutes, taking them out once the internal temperature registers 205F.
- Remove the potatoes, cut a slit across each, and then use forks to spread the slit open.
- Top with desired ingredients and serve hot.
Some good topping include:
- vegan bacon bits
- sour cream & chives
- vegan cheddar & broccoli