Red Curry Masoor Dal
- Servings: 6
Red curry dal:
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 red onions
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp (?) grated ginger
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 300g split masoor dal, rinsed
- 4.5 cups water
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- 1.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp kashmiri chili powder
- Add oil to a pot and heat up.
- Add onions, garlic, cumin seeds, and grated ginger to the pot. Sautee until onions are cooked.
- Add curry powder to the pot and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the masoor dal and water to the pot, bring to a boil. Salt to taste.
- Cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, cook for 5 more minutes.
- In a small saucepot, heat up the oil for tempering.
- Add garlic, cumin, and chili powder to the oil, cook for a minute. This burns easily, stir non-stop and take off immediately.
- Pour the oil into the pot and mix.
Serve over rice.
Lower the covered cooking time for lentils to keep them firm if desired.