- Servings: 2
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 lbs mushroom, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- scallions, cilantro, mint, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp rice
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- shredded carrots, optional
- Put the rice and red pepper flakes in a pan. Cook until rice begins to brown. Remove and set aside.
- Blend the rice and red pepper flakes in the blender. Keep them coarse.
- Put the onion and canola oil in the pan, cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the cashews in the pan, cook until they start to take color. Remove and set aside.
- Add the musrooms to the pan and cook.
- Prepare rice noodles according to package instructions.
- Mix lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and the herbs in a bowl.
- Add rice noodles to the bowl and toss.
- Serve the rice noodles in a bowl, topped with mushrooms, onions and cashews, and the rice.
May go with less mushrooms.