- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 5/4 cup plant-based milk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup aquafaba
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/3 sprinkles
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, plant-based milk, canola oil, and vanilla extract.
- Whip the aquafaba and cream of tartar until stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped aquafaba into the cake mixture.
- Stir in the sprinkles in 2 to 3 quick motions, then pour into 2 oiled cake tins.
- Bake for 40 minutes, check the center with a knife.
- Beat vegan butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract together. Add plant-based milk, 1 Tbsp at a time until it reaches a smooth, spreadable consistency.
- Layer & frost the cake. Decorate with more sprinkles.
My last cake collapsed a little. Maybe the baking temparature needs to be slightly higher? Or longer baking time.