Mac and Cheese Dried Tomato Spinach
- 1lbs of elbow noodles
- 2 packs of vegan cheese (2x7 oz)
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 Tbsp flour
- Soy milk
- 3oz sundried tomatoes
- 5oz spinach
- 2oz panko
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- Pour boiling water on the sundried tomatoes, enough to cover it.
- Boil the noodles, drain and rinse.
- Prepare a roux with canola oil and flour.
- Add in milk and cheese. Add more milk until you have a smooth liquid. Take pot off the heat.
- Chop sundried tomatoes.
- Add sundried tomatoes, pasta, and spinach, mix.
- Put the mac and cheese into 4 ramekins.
- Put the vegan butter and panko into a microwave safe container, and melt the butter.
- Top the ramekins with panko, then broil until browned on the top.
It's a bit bland. Maybe cooking some garlic or onion with the roux first might help. Or add some spices before the milk and cheese. I tried adding onion and garlic powder after, which didn't turn out well.